Intelligent Hybrid Rack Transfer Switch at Atlantik Systeme
Planegg, June 19th, 2017
Atlantik Systeme, Value-added distributor in the area of network components present the hybrid rack transfer switch from Raritan. Raritan’s hybrid rack transfer switches use electromechanical relays and silicon controlled
rectifiers (SCRs) to transfer a load between two sources. The result
is performance and reliability that exceeds that of standard automatic transfer switches (ATS) and at a lower price point than static transfer switches (STS). It is also the first in the world to offer inlet, outlet, and branch circuit level power metering; and outlet-level switching for better remote power control.
Ottmar Flach, general manager of Atlantik Systeme GmbH, describes the advantages of the Raritan Transfer Switch: „ Raritan's hybrid rack transfer switch system offer both electromechanical relays and silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCRs) to overcome the limitations of a traditional automatic transfer switch (ATS). It provides load transfer times that are comparable to that of a static transfer switch (STS), more energy efficiently, and at a far more accessible price point. It is also the first in the world to offer inlet, outlet, and branch circuit level power metering; and outlet-level switching for better remote power control.“
- load transfers within 4 to 8ms
- Oversized relays, rated at 48A, and SCRs, rated at 70A, even though the transfer switches are intended for 16A and 32A loads
- Relay contact air gap of 3.3mm vs. the 0.6mm gap used in most transfer switch relays on the market to prevent electric arcing
- Two single throw relays instead of one double throw relay (a single point of failure) to support reliable out-of-phase transfers
- Inlet, outlet, and branch circuit level metering
- Remote outlet switching
Available at Atlantik Systeme with shortest delivery times, the Raritan Intelligent Rack Transfer Switch offers a number of options and a range of voltage and plug types.
With the transfer switch Atlantik Systeme help their customers better manage the infrastructure resources and create intelligent data centers.